I'll Have my Cake & Eat it too!

I took cake decorating classes at A.C. Moore (the first course on basics) and Michael's (the fondant & gum paste class) and have had fun playing with cakes....my wonderful hubby makes my frosting for me and I do the decorating....but I only do it for friends and family as I am not PROFESSIONAL!!!   But I enjoy it and I get to "have my cake and eat it too" after decorating, of course!  LOL

This was Abigail's 8th birthday cake, one of my precious grandchildren


This was another grandchild's birthday cake, for Layken...her fairy cake and she loved it!! 


For my honey of a hubby on his 59th birthday on June 15, 2011, I created this delicious cupcake tower!  YUMMY! 


My final fondant/gumpaste cake was very hodge-podge as I was staying in the hospital 3-5 nights a week during that time with my dear sweet mom-in-law and didn't have a lot of time to put into practicing with it....but I learned to make homemade fondant too, which is cheaper and much tastier than the storebought, FYI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway of "Grace Given" !!!

Giveaway! Jerry Eicher's Missing Your Smile and Following Your Heart!