photo courtesy of nina of nina reads
- Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? I am a 50-yr. old retired teacher, on disability due to health problems. I have always loved reading and taught my daughters to love it too. I have 3 grown daughters, 4 grown stepchildren, and 11 stepgrandchildren. I have just been blogging a few months and got into blogging due to my love of reading and writing, and free books and connections with authors. :)
- Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you. I started teaching at age 11 when I served as a substitute Sunday School teacher in my small Baptist church. I also helped teach Bible School every summer from that age. My first marriage, I eloped and married on prom night at Va. Tech's chapel. We kept it secret for a year and then announced it on our first anniversary which happened to occur on Easter Sunday! met my 2nd hubby (celebrating 7 years this Wed.) on match.com! he said he was a "Virginia gentleman" and he is...he arrived with a dozen yellow roses for our first date at Olive Garden and laid a kiss on me right there! woww!!
- Which is your favorite post that you have written that you want everyone to read? My Interview with Author, Jerry Eicher!! Read it! LOL
- If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why? This is a very difficult question, but I think I would love to eat dinner with Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz as it was such a magical story. I like to hear all about the beauty of Oz as well as the frightening things she endured.
- What literary location would you most like to visit? Why? The Swiss Alps and Grandpa's cottage from Heidi. I have wanted to go there ever since seeing the movie when I was very young.