Interview with Lynn Chandler-Willis

Interview with Lynn Chandler-Willis


I am pleased to welcome author, Lynn Chandler-Willis to my blog today.    
*Tell us about yourself.  I was born, raised, and continue to live in the heart of North Carolina. I have a son and daughter, each married, who have blessed me with nine grandchildren. I share my home with Sam the cocker spaniel who barks at me when I've been at the computer too long. 
*What is your favorite book from childhood? Treasure Island
*Coffee or tea? Tea. With lots of sugar
*Night owl or Morning person? A little of both. My best writing is at night but I don't like writing too close to bedtime. I can shut down the computer, but I can't shut down my brain so although I may be dead tired and sleepy, I find myself plotting the next scene.
*Mountains or beach? Mountains, most definitely
*If you were not an author, what would you be doing? Wow — you wouldn't think that would be such a difficult question but everything that comes to mind, somehow relates to writing.
*If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? A third world country to experience first-hand the way some people live. It would be a rude awakening to actually see people exist on what little they have.
*I was a pastor's wife myself and so I found your characters in The Rising very interesting.  Do you have any personal experience with the pastor's home?  Not really the pastor, but my great grandfather founded a local church. His sons (including my grandfather) helped to build it. To this day, several of the Sunday School classes have brass name plates outside the doors with "Chandler" on them. It's a humbling experience just walking through the halls.
*What led you to writing? After reading Treasure Island, I knew I wanted to be able to create a whole other world simply by putting words together. 
*Are you working on another book at the present?  Can you tell us a bit about it? Currently, I'm working on Nobody's Baby. It's about a small town newspaper owner/publisher involved in a murder investigation. The victim left behind a baby girl who the protagonist ends up taking in herself.

Thank you so much, Lynn, and I look forward to reading more of your work!!!   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway of "Grace Given" !!!

Giveaway! Jerry Eicher's Missing Your Smile and Following Your Heart!