Day 3:  What it is like to travel with my condition: Ulcerative Colitis

I chose one of the alternative prompts for today's blog as it is so much a part of my daily life.  I have to carry a bag with extra clothing, Depends, wipes, and medications.   I have to plan additional time as well in the event that I will have to stop somewhere for bathroom.  Many times, the stopping might be on the side of the road as there is nothing in sight when the URGE hits and others with this condition will know what I mean...when we gotta go, we REALLY GOTTA GO!   
It creates a great deal of anxiety for me to travel.  I have to watch what I eat and I must take more medication to slow down my colon so that I don't have an accident!  That leads to pain.    Doesn't sound like much fun, does it?   It has indeed created some agoraphobia for me.  I am a very social person and love to travel and be with other people so this is not easy for me!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway of "Grace Given" !!!

Giveaway! Jerry Eicher's Missing Your Smile and Following Your Heart!