Thursday, December 20, 2012

Review of

66 Amish Recipes: Learn To Cook Authentic Amish Bread, Amish Pies, and Other Delicious Amish Foods!



66 Amish Recipes: Learn To Cook Authentic Amish Bread, Amish Pies, and Other Delicious Amish Foods!

Here are some of the Amish Recipes you will get inside this Amish cookbook:

1. Amіѕh Brеаd Stаrtеr 

2. Amіѕh Frіеndѕhір Brеаd 

3. Amіѕh Cоffее Cаkе

My review of 66 Amish Recipes: Learn to Cook Authentic Amish Bread, Amish Pies, and Other Delicious Amish Foods!:   This book has recipes for breads, pies, cookies, cakes, casseroles, main dishes, vegetables, salads, and more.    I have made some recipes that are similar to some here but there were definitely some interesting additions to recipes, such as a green tart apple to chicken-noodle soup!  I want to try that one!   I would have loved to see a few pictures of the foods prepared, but the recipes are all wonderful.   I made Shoofly Pies, Peanut Pie, and Poor Man's Steak from the recipes.    Each of these recipes turned out great and were a big hit with my family!   

Here is my version of "Poor Man's Steak" which takes ground beef and turns it into a meal fit for a king!  Just by adding onion, cracker crumbs, salt, pepper, eggs, and covering with Cream of Mushroom Soup.   I modified this one a bit by grilling the patties in our George Foreman Grill before putting it into the baking dish.   Delicious!!
Shoofly Pie:    So many people seem to think that this is difficult to prepare, but it is actually quite simple and quick to prepare.   
Oh boy, I love love love shoofly pie!!   I have not made this in a number of years, and don't recall that the recipe I used called for cinnamon and nutmeg as this one did in the crumb topping.  Really tasty!    

Who wouldn't love a Peanut Pie, filled with cream cheese, crunchy peanut butter, whipped topping, and powdered sugar and then put in a graham cracker crust??   This is  a special treat and very quick and simple to make.   Try it yourself!  
Luke Wren is the author of  66 Amish Recipes: Learn To Cook Authentic Amish Bread, Amish Pies, and Other Delicious Amish Foods!
Please hop over to Not Quite Amish website at:  http://notquiteamishliving.com/ to see the many wonderful entries in "31 Days of Cookbooks".  My review is featured as the "guest blog" for December 20, 2012 on www.notquiteamishliving.com.

4 comments:

  1. Seeing the photos of what you have made from this cookbook have my mouth watering! I think I'll look into picking up a copy of this cookbook even though I don't cook! Tom might enjoy some new recipes, and I'd be more than happy to eat them! Great review, Rhonda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Nancee & Debbie, this is a great cookbook...with many yummy Amish recipes for us to use. I will certainly use more of them myself!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! I love to hear from my friends and followers! Comments will be posted after approval due to the many spammers :(