Review of

66 Amish Recipes: Learn To Cook Authentic Amish Bread, Amish Pies, and Other Delicious Amish Foods!



66 Amish Recipes: Learn To Cook Authentic Amish Bread, Amish Pies, and Other Delicious Amish Foods!

Here are some of the Amish Recipes you will get inside this Amish cookbook:

1. Amіѕh Brеаd Stаrtеr 

2. Amіѕh Frіеndѕhір Brеаd 

3. Amіѕh Cоffее Cаkе

My review of 66 Amish Recipes: Learn to Cook Authentic Amish Bread, Amish Pies, and Other Delicious Amish Foods!:   This book has recipes for breads, pies, cookies, cakes, casseroles, main dishes, vegetables, salads, and more.    I have made some recipes that are similar to some here but there were definitely some interesting additions to recipes, such as a green tart apple to chicken-noodle soup!  I want to try that one!   I would have loved to see a few pictures of the foods prepared, but the recipes are all wonderful.   I made Shoofly Pies, Peanut Pie, and Poor Man's Steak from the recipes.    Each of these recipes turned out great and were a big hit with my family!   

Here is my version of "Poor Man's Steak" which takes ground beef and turns it into a meal fit for a king!  Just by adding onion, cracker crumbs, salt, pepper, eggs, and covering with Cream of Mushroom Soup.   I modified this one a bit by grilling the patties in our George Foreman Grill before putting it into the baking dish.   Delicious!!
Shoofly Pie:    So many people seem to think that this is difficult to prepare, but it is actually quite simple and quick to prepare.   
Oh boy, I love love love shoofly pie!!   I have not made this in a number of years, and don't recall that the recipe I used called for cinnamon and nutmeg as this one did in the crumb topping.  Really tasty!    

Who wouldn't love a Peanut Pie, filled with cream cheese, crunchy peanut butter, whipped topping, and powdered sugar and then put in a graham cracker crust??   This is  a special treat and very quick and simple to make.   Try it yourself!  
Luke Wren is the author of  66 Amish Recipes: Learn To Cook Authentic Amish Bread, Amish Pies, and Other Delicious Amish Foods!
Please hop over to Not Quite Amish website at:  http://notquiteamishliving.com/ to see the many wonderful entries in "31 Days of Cookbooks".  My review is featured as the "guest blog" for December 20, 2012 on www.notquiteamishliving.com.

Comments

  1. Seeing the photos of what you have made from this cookbook have my mouth watering! I think I'll look into picking up a copy of this cookbook even though I don't cook! Tom might enjoy some new recipes, and I'd be more than happy to eat them! Great review, Rhonda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Nancee & Debbie, this is a great cookbook...with many yummy Amish recipes for us to use. I will certainly use more of them myself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! I love to hear from my friends and followers! Comments will be posted after approval due to the many spammers :(

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway of "Grace Given" !!!

Giveaway! Jerry Eicher's Missing Your Smile and Following Your Heart!