Wednesday, March 15, 2017

5-Star Review of "A Love for Leah"

A Love for Leah Review

(The Amish Matchmaker #4)

by Emma Miller

30780206


The Widow's Second Chance 

Widow Leah Yoder married for love once. Now that she's come home to Seven Poplars, she wants a marriage of convenience that will provide a longed-for family without dishonoring the memory of her late husband. A steady, serious older man would be ideal—someone completely unlike handsome, fun-loving Thomas Stutzman. She and the aspiring organic farmer agree to court to prove that this time, the matchmaker has made a mistake! But as their friendship deepens, will Leah settle for what she thought she needed, or put fear aside for a second chance at happiness?

MY REVIEW:  I was mesmerized by Emma Miller's 4th book in the Amish Matchmaker series.  Imagining the anguish a widow who is grieving the loss of her husband and young daughter was really difficult.   I have not lost a husband or daughter, but I certainly would never want to have to go through such pain.  I have lost a husband through divorce however, and that includes a grief process as well.  There were many emotional hurdles to overcome when I married my incredibly wonderful second husband.  
      I willingly joined in fellowship with another denomination with my husband even after having served as a pastor's wife previously, and the differences between the Mennonites and Amish are much greater than what I experienced in my decision-making process.  I love reading Amish fiction.   The characters in this story were all lovable although there was one character that was trying on Leah's nerves.  I have definitely had relationships with women who interfered in other people's business as this one also another issue explored in the book.  
     I would like to recommend this novel to those lovers of Amish and Christian fiction.
     My rating for this novel is 5 stars.
     I received a copy of this book from netgalley and the publisher.  A positive review was not required.  All opinions expressed are my own.

About the Author:
Emma Miller


Emma Miller is a wife, mother and a grandmother who lives a quiet life in Delaware.
She's the author of the Hannah's Daughter's series and is at work on her next 
Amish romance novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! I love to hear from my friends and followers! Comments will be posted after approval due to the many spammers :(